Prescription Drug Addiction Treatment in Pennsylvania
We Can Help You Beat Addiction
Every day, people across the country are prescribed medications to treat a wide range of medical conditions. Patients everywhere count on doctors and physicians to provide them with the prescription drugs they need to manage pain, reduce symptoms, and cure illnesses. Unfortunately, the U.S. has encountered an epidemic of prescription drug abuse.
Prescription drug addiction may result from:
- An unnecessary prescription for opioids
- A patient abusing or misusing their prescription
- A doctor prescribing medication too frequently
Other factors contribute to a person’s likelihood of becoming addicted to or dependent on prescription drugs. Pain, chronic stress, trauma, and mental illness are all common risk factors.
If you or someone you love is suffering from prescription drug addiction, there is hope. You do not need to face the problem alone. Seek prescription drug addiction treatment in Pennsylvania from Silvermist. We offer comprehensive and holistic treatment options designed with each client’s unique needs in mind.
Give us a call at (724) 268-4858 to learn more about how Silvermist can assist you.
Understanding Prescription Drug Addiction
Prescription drug abuse, addiction, and dependence are considered to be substance use disorders. Substance use disorders can be mild, moderate, or severe.
Some of the signs and symptoms of prescription drug addiction and abuse include:
- Confusion or drowsiness
- Slowed breathing rate
- Poor judgment
- Slurred speech
- Appetite loss
- Change in personality
- Aggressive behavior
- Inability to focus or concentrate
Though these disorders can be difficult to cure, it is possible with the right treatment methods. At Silvermist, we offer tried-and-true treatment options that have been designed to holistically treat the condition and address the various issues that users face while on the path to recovery.
Silvermist offers treatment for:
Treatment Options for Prescription Drug Addiction
At Silvermist, we are determined to find the right treatment methods for each client. We recognize that every client is unique and will require a personalized treatment plan.
Treatment options include:
- Medical detox: Medical detox helps people withdraw from prescription drugs safely and comfortably. It involves medications to reduce withdrawal symptoms and shorten the duration of detox.
- Medication-assisted treatment (MAT): MAT combines medication – either methadone, buprenorphine, or naltrexone – and therapy. It has been proven effective in increasing engagement in addiction treatment and reducing the risk of overdose death and relapse.
Offering prescription drug addiction treatment in Pennsylvania, Silvermist should be the first facility you call if you or your loved one is battling addiction.
Reach out to us today at (724) 268-4858.